Sunday 7 July 2013

Murray-mania!

Just had to mark the historic day that it has been....a Brit has won Wimbledon Men's Singles Championship........go Andy Murray! 

Also to keep with a truly British theme it has been a swelteringly hot day too.......absolutely delightful!  After a charmingly interactive family service this morning with my Hopeful family, the day has been one of water fights en famille - I admit I was totally drenched much to the delight of my daughter!  Then the moment of historic proportions came and one way or another probably all the nation were tuned into the three hour-and-then-some game.....I have to admit the tension got to me ...and I could barely watch at times.  It's been a long time coming - 77 years in all, we hoped Tim Henman might secure the trophy but he never quite clinched it.  

To add a final flourish to the day, my gorgeous boy and his chum barbequed a veritable feast for us all this evening; and we watched the sun go down with them having an impromptu jamming session on the decking; playing guitar and bass and singing through a repertoire from Fleetwood Mac, to blues and onto Beatles and Oasis.....

So nothing in particular to say with this post; but this was the day and I have marked it-my way!


After the great food we were entertained with some lovely happy music...so were the neighbours as the speakers were turned quite high, thankfully the guys sounded great and it was a lovely low-key chilled end to a stunning day...

No comments:

Post a Comment